•RED CROSS NAT’L. HEAD QUARTERS NEEDS 50 VOLUNTEERS! to those of you who can go out there, please call 433-2151 to 52 or 9203672. Look for tony or anne garcia. PLEASE REPOST!
•The Katy Perry concert is no more. Instead of refunding your tickets, why not donate them to charities helping out #ondoy casualties?
•REMINDERS: ALL Petron stations are accepting donations. ADMU, UP, DLSU, FEU, LSGH, AA, AC, UST — ALL accepting donations in kind!
•DLSU-M needs volunteers for tomorrow to repack goods. We still need clean, empty 1.5 bottles with caps , medicines & toiletries. Pls RT.
•PAWS in katipunan is opening its doors for the dog and cat evacuees. Telefax: 4751688 Donations for dog food and shelters are accepted.
•for south people: if you plan to donate to la salle zobel, they said that rice would really help.
•For cash or cheque donations deposit to BANCO DE ORO ABS-CBN Branch, Account Number: 5630020111; Account Name: ABS-CBN FOUNDATION INC.
•for those in cavite: DLSU-Dasmarinas is also accepting donations, pls proceed to the 2nd floor of SBC Building.
•People in the south may volunteer @ Red Cross Alabang - ATC along Zapote Road fronting National Bookstore call 8097131 for info
•We are setting up a mechanism for assistance to members of the DLSU community who had been affected by typhoon Ondoy. If you would know of DLSU faculty, staff or students who need assistance/who were affected by the flood, please get in touch w/ Lysander Rivera, Evelyn Lopez-Esparrago or McRey Banderlipe at (02)5236158; (02)5265612; 0919-8018121;0922-8877495;09064200732.
•American Red Cross is accepting donations to help in the rescue and relief operations for the people who are affected by typhoon “Ondoy”. Call 1-800-435-7669.
•Heads up! for those whose cars are stuck HONDA & NISSAN OFFER FREE TOWING! 09228504452 -09224452242 -09228997959
•on anc: ndcc would like everyone to know that NO DAMS WILL BE OPENED TO RELEASE WATER. circulating warnings not true.
•1.6 million Philippine Facebook users. Donate 100 pesos each and we’ll raise 160 million for Red Cross rescue and relief. Red Cross donation through SMS: text RED<space>AMOUNT to 2899 (Globe) or 4483 (Smart)
•ATENEO DE DAVAO is accepting in kind donations for ondoy.drop off at the samahan office in jacinto campus For the people of Batangas DE LA SALLE LIPA is also accepting donations.Drop off point College Lobby.
•Let’s not focus on people like Jacque Bermejo. Ignore her and save your energy for helping those who need it. Join a relief drive now!
The RAINFALL we experienced in 6 hrs was equivalent to 30 days of rainfall. This broke the record rainfall dated 1967 .
Thousands of people homeless. Helpless, Desperate, Angry, In denial. Shocked.
People could not be saved all at the same time for lack of govt resources , manpower and sheer danger in the rescue efforts. Hence, the delay in the rescue.
This is nature’s wrath and man’s folly put together.
Now dat Peping is 3 days away & we dont know and cant tell for sure just how strong it will be this time, if u live in low lying areas or know pipol who do, some tips for disaster & calamity preparedness for the whole family :
1) LGUs & homeowners associations must quickly invest in rubber/motor boats- for quick response & immediate evacuation of residents in subdivisions. Unless we can all afford AGAIN to wait for help.
2) If possible, have presence of mind: DO NOT panic. EACH able membr of d family mst have his/her own bag with the essentials: H20. food. Clothes.blanket, raincoat, medicines, first –aid kit, flashlight, a whistle, milk, diaper etc. according to one’s most urgent needs. The backpack must contain emergency goods, good for at least 48hrs. MAKE SURE BAGS ARE WATERPROOF or - items wrapped in thick plastic bags for added protection.
3) Bring fully charged phones and extra batteries if possible- you need these when you have to climb on top of your roof again.
4) Bring a small radio with extra batteries to be informed. Bring a list of all important telephone numbers to call in times of emergency or store these numbers in ur celphone.
5) Wag magpakasiguro – use your instinct – lumikas na agad kaysa maiipit at matrap ulit.
Because – ONDOY will happen again … and u will never know when help & rescue will come. Self preservation is a must !
Pls feel free to add to this list of must haves and must -dos for typhoon preparedness.
Pls spread the word.
May God help and protect us all and our loved ones from the next typhoon.
The news is grim. People on their roofs, people losing their homes, loved ones separated, refugees everywhere, the most recent report is 5,000 people stuck in the Trinoma Mall in Quezon City. I have yet to confirm this but have heard this is the worst deluge since 1967; PAGASA reported that in three hours, as much rain as normally falls in two weeks soaked the Metropolis. Reports from the rest of Luzon -with most of Luzon’s provinces, including the National Capital Region placed under a State of Calamity by the President- are only now trickling in. Rescue and relief efforts over the years have gotten increasingly efficient, but this is one of those events that happen so suddenly, no one can possibly prepare for it. Fellow bloggers may want to help on collating specific types of information they encounter online: appeals for rescue, traffic/flood updates, places to send relief goods, power failures, etc. This allows relief workers and media to focus on who needs help, while avoiding the risk that the ones who get rescued are those whose appeals are reTweeted most often, while others asking for help get overlooked, for example. One person online is putting a Marikina map with updates: View Ondoy map for Marikina in a larger map. Contribute to, and spread the word on, Rescue Hub Info Central. You will be a big help by collating information because relief/rescue workers and media can then periodically refer to your blogs to help evaluate what’s going on and what still needs to be done. Numbers are being collated here and in Sour Politics and Random Salt. At a time like this, there is so much human compassion and so much frustration, too. So even if it’s by means of this small, online way, we can all pitch in. See entries in Teacher Ria, in dvdtymo, etc.
Some photos/videos shared by people online:
(above: Park 9 alley, vicinity of Barangay Hall of Loyola Heights Quezon City)
(above: underpass along Ayala Avenue, Makati City)
(above: Burgos Circle in Bonifacio Global City, Taguig)
(above: Katipunan Avenue, Quezon City)
(above: Katipunan Avenue, Quezon City)
(above: Gen. de Jesus St. between Xavier and Jo-Liza, Little Baguio, San Juan City)
(Wilson Street, Greenhills, San Juan City)
(Taft Avenue, Manila)
(Araneta Center, Cubao, Quezon City)
Here’s what you can do even if you’re home
1. E-mail friends/relatives overseas to donate to their national Red Cross for Philippine flood victim relief. 2. If possible, contact the nearest chapter of the Philippine National Red Cross to find out how you can help wrap and prepare relief goods or contribute to information dissemination and other ways to keep people in touch. 3. Call your parish to find out plans when rains subside so you know where , how to help. 4. Pledge what would’ve been this weekend’s luxuries money for disaster relief.
Red Cross: 143, 527-0000. Centers for relief: Red Cross chapters in Rizal, QC, Valenzuela, Bulacan. Phil. Nat’l. Red Cross Rizal Chapter operations center hotline: 635-0922, 634-7824. Send full address of stranded friends/family to Sen. Dick Gordon 09178997898/0938444BOYS National Disaster Coordinating Council (NDCC) Emergency Numbers: 912-5668, 911-1406, 912-2665, 911-5061. Help hotlines: 734-2118, 734-2120. Metro Manila Development Authority (MMDA): 136 Philippine Coast Guard: 527-6136 Bureau of Fire Protection Region III (Central Luzon) Hotline: (045) 9634376 San Juan City Hall Command Post: 468-1697 MERALCO hotlines: 0917-5592824, 0920-9292824 Contact NCRPO 838-3203, 838-3354 for rubber boat requests. You can also text 0917-422-6800 or 0927-675-1981 for rescue dump trucks. Appeal for those able, to lend 4x4 trucks for rescue: Pls. send truck to Greenhills Shoppng Center Unimart Grocery to await deployment, tel. 09209072902. 505 Rescue needs life-vests & rubber boats for their rescue operations. Please bring to Villamor Air Base. Office of Sen Villar to rescue stranded people: 0917-4226800, 0917-2414864, 0927-6751981 Please go to GMA Facebook page & post addresses of people in need of immediate help. For all Ateneo de Manila students who are stranded/ those who need help (as well as those who know of other students who need help), please TEXT your/their name/s, location and contact number to 0908-8877166. The MVP Building (HQ)is open to all those who have difficulty going home tonight.
TXTPower.org will forward donations to Red Cross Paypal Smart Money – 5577-5144-1866-7103 G-Cash – 0917-9751092 Red Cross 1. CASH or CHECK Please send cash or check donations to the PNRC National Headquarters in Manila. Checks should be made payable to The Philippine National Red Cross. We can also arrange for donation pick-up. 2. BANK DEPOSIT Account Name: The Phil. Nat’l. Red Cross METROBANK Port Area Branch Peso Acct.: 151-3-041-63122-8 Dollar Acct.: 151-2-151-00218-2 Type of Acct. : SAVINGS Swift Code: MBTC PH MM BANK OF THE PHIL. ISLANDS Port Area Branch Peso Acct.: 4991-0010-99 Type of Account: CURRENT BANK OF THE PHIL. ISLANDS UN Branch Dollar Acct.: 8114-0030-94 Type of Account: SAVINGS Swift Code: BOPI PH MM For your donations to be properly acknowledged, please fax the bank transaction slip at nos. +63.2.527.0575 or +63.2.404.0979 with your name, address and contact number. Credit Card Please fax the following info to +632.404.09.79 and +632.527.0575: Name of card member, billing address, contact nos. (phone & mobile), credit card no., expiration date, CCV2/ CVC2 (last three digits at the back of the credit card), billing address, amount to be donated. For online donations you may also visit our website at www.redcross.org.ph .
Donations in kind to the Red Cross:
LOCAL Please send in-kind local donations to The Philippine National Red Cross – National Headquarters in Manila. We could also arrange for donation pick-up. INTERNATIONAL 1. Send a letter of intent to donate to the PNRC 2. A letter of acceptance from PNRC shall be sent back to the donor 3. Immediately after shipping the goods, please send the (a) original Deed of Donation, (b) copy of packing list and (c) original Airway Bill for air shipments or Bill of Lading for sea shipments to The Philippine National Red Cross–National Headquarters c/o Secretary General Corazon Alma de Leon, Bonifacio Drive, Port Area, Manila 2803, Philippines. The PNRC does not accept rotten, damaged, expired or decayed goods. Though we appreciate your generosity, the PNRC also discourages donations of old clothes as we have more than enough to go around.
Relief goods for Red Cross (drinking water, baby formula, canned goods, clothing): Red Cross Rizal Chapter operations center 635-0922, 634-7824 needs drinking water, canned goods, clothing for Cainta, Marikina, San Mateo, Pasig. or go to Red Cross QC Chapter, QC Hall Gate 7 along Kalayaan Avenue, tel. 920-3672. Relief Goods can be sent to Caritas Manila Office at Jesus St., Pandaca Manila near Nagtahan Bridge (tel.no. 5639298/5639308). Relief goods can also be brought Radio Veritas at Veritas Tower West Ave. Corner EDSA (tel no. 9257931-40). Aquino volunteers: contact Jiggy Cruz who is organizing relief goods collection and distribution. Or call Ms. Clare Amador at mobile no 9285205508 or Jana Vicente at 9285205499 for more details regarding Noy/Mar relief efforts. Roxas volunteers: donations for flood relief can be brought to Balay, Expo Centro, Edsa cor. Gen, MacArthur, Araneta Center, Cubao. Relief Operations Drop-Off Center has been set-up at La Salle Greenhills. Beginning 9am, Sunday, September 27. Those nearby may bring their donations to Gate 2. Ateneo de Manila now accepting donations for victims. Donations may be dropped at MVP Lobby. Victory Fort is opening its doors to those affected by the typhoon. Call 813-FORT Charo Limaco has posted a list of specific items needed and where to donate them: Water, blankets, shoes, and clothes etc.. are being accepted at the Hillsborough Village chapel for families whose houses were washed out in the nearby sitios. — Donations of any kind for Payatas communities affected by Ondoy accepted at ARANAZ stores in Rockwell & Greenbelt. — TeamManila stores in Trinoma, Mall of Asia, Jupiter Bel-Air and Rockwell shall be accepting relief goods (Canned Goods, Ready-to-drink Milk, Bottled Water and Clothes) for distribution by Veritas to displaced countrymen due to Typhoon Ondoy. — Caritas Manila Office and Radio Veritas (see above) appealing for the following goods: Canned food, rice, used clothes especially for children, milk — From Kuya Ed Ramirez: SLBTFN is accepting donations already. Please drop it off sa Ateneo Cervini Dorm. Then we will work with groups around the area to assess w/c evacuation center needs help immediately. SLBTFN is Simbahang Lingkod ng Bayan Task Force Noah, a disaster response arm.
Woah. I really love this day. Super:D I mean nung pagpasok ko palang. Haha. I’m lucky because I was able to see him while we are eating lunch at Chowking. I also saw him at the IPEA gym during the election advocacy. :D Alam ko narin kung san siya sumasakay pero di ko nalaman kung san siya nakatira. Haha. Stalker much. But I think he already knew that I have a crush on him. Haha. It’s okay. :D
Anyways, we auditioned for the AES all stars musika. :D Jamie, Trish and I sang ‘Sway’ by Bic Runga. I hope we will pass the audition:D
1. A man won’t let go if he really loves you. Do not hold on to someone who has let go of you. He does not love you and does not value having you. Believe me, he will not let go if he really loves you. There is another reason he is not willing to tell.
2. Do not look for reasons why he ended the relationship. There is only one reason why he ended your relationship. He just does not love you. Do not waste your time thinking of reasons or what you should have done. Move on and be open to a man who will truly love you. 3. Do not get hang up on your past. Do not nag or distrust your current boyfriend just because your ex hurt you. Do not treat him or the relationship the same way. Do not compare. He will not react the same way as your ex. Do not be worried that your simple mistakes will cause him to look for another girl. What happened with your ex was not your fault. It was not because you didn’t guard him enough or you didn’t make him happy enough.
4. Do not look into images. How many times have you met a girl who didn’t have the best image in school or at the office, but you get to know the girl and found out she was actually extremely nice? Do not rely on images. Oftentimes, it is far from reality. Do not fear men just because your “supposedly” perfect ex-boyfriend mistreated you.
5. Always have your own set of rules. Set your limits on how far you’d go for a guy. It’s perfectly ok to give and do everything as long as it’s worth it. And it’s worth it if the guy is treating you right. 6. Do not be scared to lose him. Don’t be scared that he’ll break up with you. Once you are afraid of losing him, you easily can be taken advantage. Be strong and if something is unacceptable, do not accept it and speak up.
7. Avoid calling your guy. It’s a guy thing. The relationship will definitely be better if it’s the guy who’s calling, not the girl. He will get tired of you if you keep on calling. He will lose interest and challenge. More so, he will get annoyed. But it’s a girl thing also that your fingers get too itchy until you dial his number. But avoid as much as possible. Call only if really needed (like checking if your suspicions are reasonable).
8. There is a guy who will value you. There is a guy out there who can make you feel valued, appreciated, and loved. And I mean, not just during your first few weeks together. So don’t lose hope. Don’t settle for a lesbian if you are not attracted to women. There is a man out there who can love you like a girl can. Also, do not believe him when he says it’s just the way he really is. He’s not the sweet or expressive-type. Remember during your first few weeks together? Where has that sweet guy gone? He simply is not that into you anymore.
9. Always be the only one, no matter what. Do not ever fall for a guy who has another girl, be it his wife, girlfriend, or any girl that he says he just can’t get rid of for whatever reason. If you truly believe that he loves you and for some reason, he can’t leave or let go of another girl, then you are no different from any ordinary mistress.
10. He must respect you. No matter how long the relationship has been, he should always show respect towards you. 11. If he fooled you, end it. Philandering once is enough. You can never trust nor respect the person again.
12. Never start a relationship the wrong way. Do not steal another girl’s man, for whatever reason. Nor should you enter a relationship for the wrong reasons (loneliness, on the rebound, getting back at your ex, man-dependency, etc.) it is bound not to last. You will only end up wasting more years of your life.
13. Do not force yourself into a relationship. Do not get into a relationship just because your friends are getting impatient with your dating escapades and the one hasn’t come yet. Do not choose who to say yes to based on superficial things like money, looks, cars, etc.. If you are even thinking of these things, you have not fallen in love yet.
14. Do not settle. If you are not happy anymore with your relationship, break up instantly. He will not stay with you forever no matter how upright he might seem to be. Eventually, he will also want love and happiness in his life.
15. A relationship has to have love. Love is the only thing that will push you to give your efforts into making the relationship work. And believe me, keeping a relationship requires genuine efforts of both parties.
16. Don’t be afraid to be single. It’s fun to be single, try it. You can go out whenever and wherever you want. You are free. You can date whomever you want and you get to go out for free! Do not get a boyfriend just for the sake of having one. Do not settle.
17. Be a good girl. Be a good girl to attract a good guy. Enter the relationship with sincere intentions. Take the guy and the relationship seriously with the plan of spending the rest of your life with that person (of course, this is after you had your bit of fun in your younger years). If you compare your flings from your real relationships, you will know that the latter makes you happier and more fulfilled.
18. Love without limits. Whether you loved and gave everything or loved but held out for some things, if the relationship ends, you still get hurt. But if you gave your everything, you were happy and you could say that it was worth it. If you didn’t give your all, you get hurt for nothing. 19. You will get over him. Love is over-stated. Love eventually ends and you are free to love another. 20. Be the one. Act like you are the one. Don’t be a nagger. Don’t hinder his gimmicks. Don’t give in to him too easily. Make him treat you as important. Don’t be easy. Don’t be like every other girl he had in his life.
Tired. Really tired. But this day was fun. Watched UST-ADMU game a while ago with friends:D Grabe paos na ako. Wala na akong boses. LOL. ADMU won against UST, but it’s okay. Nice game a while ago and di naman kami pikon:D
Muntik pa akong maholdap nung pauwi na ako. Grabee. Buti nalang tumakbo ako at may nakita akong pulis. Kundi di ko alam kung makakapagnet pa ako ngayon. Haha.
“People can change. They just don’t because it’s easier not to. We’re always waiting for our lives to begin, like figuring we’ll be someone else someday. But what are we waiting for? All we have is now. Don’t run from this.”—One Tree Hill (via quotewhore)
Kung hindi mo mahal ang isang tao, huwag ka nang magpakita ng motibo para mahalin ka niya.
Hindi porke’t madalas mong ka-chat, kausap sa telepono, kasama sa mga lakad o ka-text ng wan-tu-sawa eh may gusto sayo at magkakatuluyan kayo. Meron lang talagang mga taong sadyang friendly, sweet, flirt, malandi, pa-fall o paasa.
Pag hindi ka mahal ng mahal mo wag ka magreklamo. Kasi may mga tao rin na mahal ka pero di mo mahal. Kaya quits lang.
Kung dalawa ang mahal mo, piliin mo yung pangalawa. Kasi hindi ka naman magmamahal ng iba kung mahal mo talaga yung una.
Mahirap pumapel sa buhay ng tao. Lalo na kung hindi ikaw yung bida sa script na pinili niya.
Ang pag-ibig parang imburnal nakakatakot mahulog at kapag nahulog ka, it’s either by accident or talagang tanga ka.
Kung nagmahal ka ng taong di dapat at nasaktan ka, wag mong sisihin ang puso mo. Tumitibok lang yan para mag-supply ng dugo sa katawan mo. Ngayon, kung magaling ka sa anatomy at ang sisisihin mo naman ay ang hypothalamus mo na kumokontrol ng emotions mo, mali ka pa rin! Bakit? Utang na loob! Wag mong isisi sa body organs mo ang mga sama ng loob mo sa buhay! Tandaan mo: magiging masaya ka lang kung matututo kang tanggapin na hindi ang puso, utak, atay o bituka mo ang may kasalanan sa lahat ng nangyari sayo, kundi IKAW mismo!
Huwag magmadali sa babae o lalaki. Tatlo, lima, sampung taon, mag-iiba ang pamantayan mo at maiisip mong hindi pala tamang pumili ng kapareha dahil lang maganda. Totoong mas mahalaga ang kalooban ng tao higit sa anuman. Sa paglipas ng panahon, maging ang mga crush ng bayan nagmumukha ding pandesal, maniwala ka.
Huwag mong bitawan ang bagay na hindi mo kayang makitang hawak ng iba.
Huwag mong hawakan kung alam mong bibitawan mo lang.
Huwag na huwag ka hahawak kapag alam mong may hawak ka na.
Parang elevator lang yan eh, bakit mo pagsisiksikan ung sarili mo kung walang pwesto para sayo. Eh, meron naman hagdan, ayaw mo lang pansinin.
Kung maghihintay ka ng lalandi sayo, walang mangyayari sa buhay mo. Dapat lumandi ka din.
Pag may mahal ka at ayaw sayo, hayaan mo. Malay mo sa mga susunod na araw ayaw mo na din sa kanya, naunahan ka lang.
Hiwalayan na kung di ka na masaya. Walang gamot sa tanga kundi pagkukusa.
Minsan kahit ikaw ang nakaschedule, kailangan mo pa rin maghintay, kasi hindi ikaw ang priority.
Bakit ka magpaparamdam sa taong hindi marunong makaramdam? Wag kang magpakatanga sa taong hindi marunong magpahalaga. Matuto kang sumuko at mang-iwan kung lagi ka naming sinasaktan.. Imbes na magtanong ka ng Hindi pa ba sapat? Bakit hindi mo na lang kalimutan ang lahat? Kung alam mong binabale-wala ka na, tanggapin mong nagsasawa na siya. Wag kang magpadala sa salitang sorry at ayokong mawala ka. Kung totoo yun, papatunayan nya.
Minsan nililinlang ka na lang ng sarili mong damdamin na akala mo nasasaktan ka pa din. Pero ang totoo-naalala mo lang talaga yung pakiramdam nung nasaktan ka. Pareho lang din yun sa pag-aakalang mahal mo pa yung tao pero ang totoo- naiisip mo lang yung pakiramdam mo dati nung mahal mo pa siya.
Alam mo ba kung gaano kalayo ang pagitan ng dalawang tao pag nagtalikuran na sila? Kailangan mong libutin ang buong mundo para lang makaharap ulit ang taong tinalikuran mo.
Mas mabuting mabigo sa paggawa ng isang bagay kesa magtagumpay sa paggawa ng wala.
Hindi lahat ng kaya mong intindihin ay katotohan, at hindi lahat ng hindi mo kayang intindihin ay kasinungalingan.
Pakawalan mo yung mga bagay na nakakasakit sa iyo kahit na pinasasaya ka nito. Wag mong hintayin ang araw na sakit na lang ang nararamdaman mo at iniwan ka na ng kasiyahan mo.
Gamitin ang puso para alagaan ang mga taong malalapit sa iyo. Gamitin ang utak para alagaan ang sarili mo.
Bakit ka matitiis sa taong alam mong sakit lang sa ulo mo? Wag mong ikulong ang sarili mo sa hawlang ginto pero sira ang kandado. Sino bang may sabing hindi madaling makahanap ng kapalit? Kahit ibon marunong maghanap ng bagong pugad, tao pa kaya?
Paano mo masasabing special ka sa isang tao kung ang bawat ginagawa niya sayo ay ginagawa din niya sa iba?
Sabi nila kahit ano daw problema, isang tao lang ang makakatulong sa yo - ang sarili mo. kaya siguro namigay ng konsensya ang dyos, alam nyang hindi sa lahat ng oras gumagana ang utak ng tao.
Marami palang libreng lecture sa mundo, ikaw ang gagawa ng syllabus. Maraming teachers sa labas ng eskwelahan, desisyon mo kung kanino ka magpapaturo.
Kahit ikaw ay parang bato na manhid at walang pakiramdam, mag-ingat-ingat ka naman. Dahil kahit ganyan ka, hindi nasasaktan, kaya mo namang makasakit.
Walang taong manhid. Hindi niya lang talaga maintindihan kung ano ang gusto mong iparating dahil ayaw mo siyang diretsuhin.
Do you get on the computer and next thing you know, three hours have passed in what seemed like just minutes? The internet is an amazing tool for business and pleasure. But we enjoy it so much, it can become an internet addiction. You’ll know you’re on the net too much when other areas of your life are suffering because your time and energy has been used up surfing.
Difficulty: Moderate Instructions
GET REAL: Some experts say that the internet can become an easy, uncomplicated substitute for socializing with real, live people. Start making it a point to contact a friend or family member every day, whether on the phone or in person at a coffee shop. Make a list of people you enjoy, post it on your refrigerator, and make a checkmark next to the person’s name each time you make a real contact. Once you start making connections again, you will feel less urge to feed your internet addiction.
FACE PROBLEMS: An internet addiction can be detrimental to your relationships. It can also cause other problems in your life to get worse. When you spend your time and energy on the net instead of in dealing with life, you are like an ostrich with its head in the sand. Many of us who become computer addicted are using the web as a way of avoiding problems. What are you trying to escape? Write it down. Write down one concrete thing you can do to attack your biggest problem each day.
SET INTERNET TIME: If you were giving a friend with an internet addiction advice on how much time to be on the internet each day, how much time would you recommend? Decide on a limit for yourself. When your time is up and you start rationalizing that more time is O.K., remind yourself that you get to be on again tomorrow. Turn off the computer. Go outside and take a walk.
OUT OF SIGHT: Turn the computer and monitor off completely when your internet time is up. Cover your monitor with a cloth if your computer is not portable. Put your laptop away in its case in a place where you can’t see it.
HEED THIS CAUTIONARY TALE: Scroll down to “Warnings” to find something shocking about internet addiction.
*GOT THIS FROM EHOW.COM
I hope this can help. Being addicted to the internet is also my case. I can’t help to log in everyday just doing non-academic things(e.g. FACEBOOK, Plurk.. etc.). So I hope this steps can help really me to avoid the internet. :|